We all want to be on that first page of Google when someone is seeking out our products or services! Even after optimizing sites for keywords there is still a lot that can be done to continue building SEO. People are always asking me what they should be doing to rank better. My top recommendation, develop a link building strategy. Link building is one of the most effective ways to increase SEO that anyone can do.
What is link building? Link building is increasing the number of sites who link to your site. According to SEOmoz, inbound links still account for up to 42% of a website’s ability to rank. This is far more than any factor. So how do you increase the amount of inbound links to your site?
- Content-Create high quality content on a regular basis. It’s that simple, if you have great content more people will share and pass on links to your site. This is the most holistic way to build links.
- Guest Blog Posts- If you invite people to blog on your site, they will promote the links to their content and direct people to your site on their social media platforms, personal blogs, etc. Also when you guest blog for someone else, include the link to your site in your bio.
- Local Directory Listings-Include your website on Google, Bing, and Yahoo’s local listings.
- Social Media-Include links on your Social Media sites. Encourage clients, friends, and family to include your link in their posts and profiles when possible.
- Communities, Blogs, & Forums- Keep an eye out for when you can join the conversation and add valuable content. Only post your link when it adds value to the conversation. There is a fine line between adding value and spamming.
- Network-If you know businesses who have subject matter compatible to yours offer to exchange links on your sites. Try not to link to a lot of off-topic content, but link when it adds value to your readers.
I hope this gets you started in your link building plans! Next Monday, February 4th, I will be giving some more tips on using Social Media for SEO at the Fayetteville Chapter.
For more information on my business and services check out Smash Creative Services.